Wellness Workbook links for:
Masaru Emoto's work, www.hado.net.
Visit these websites for important information about EMFs:
Suggested Reading (with links to purchase the book at Amazon.com)
Note: Amazon listings change as new editions come out--please notify us if one of the listings below becomes obsolete --thank you
Arvigo, R., and N. Epstein, Spiritual Bathing: Healing Rituals and Traditions from Around the World (Celestial Arts, 2003).
Beresford, S., et al., Improve Your Vision Without Glasses or Contact Lenses: A New Program of Therapeutic Eye Exercises (Fireside Books, 1996).
Campbell, D., The Mozart Effect: Tapping the Power of Music to Heal the Body, Strengthen the Mind, and Unlock the Creative Spirit (Quill, 2001).
Caplan, M., To Touch Is to Live: The Need for Genuine Affection in an Impersonal World (Hohm Press, 2003).
Childre, D., and H. Martin, The HeartMath Solution (Harper SanFrancisco, 1999).
Dodt, C., The Essential Oils Book (Storey Communications, 1996).
Downing, G., The Massage Book (Random House, 1998).
Fleiss, P., and F. Hodges, Sweet Dreams: A Pediatrician's Secrets for Baby's Good Night's Sleep (McGraw-Hill/Contemporary Books, 2000).
Graham, H., Discover Color Therapy (Ulysses Press, 1998).
Krieger, D., The Therapeutic Touch: How to Use Your Hands to Help or Heal (Fireside, 1992).
Liedloff, J., The Continuum Concept (Perseus Publishing, 1986).
Maxwell-Hudson, C., and S. Lousada, The Complete Book of Massage (Random House, 1988).
Montagu, A., Touching: The Human Significance of the Skin (Perennial, 1986).
Ryan, R., After Surgery, Illness, or Trauma: 10 Practical Steps to Renewed Energy and Health (Hohm Press, 2000).
Sang, L., The Principles of Feng Shui (American Institute of Feng Shui, 1995).
Wong, E., A Master Course in Feng Shui (Shambhala Publications, 2001).
Worwood, V., The Complete Book of Aromatherapy and Essential Oils (New World Library, 1991).
1. Montagu, A., Touching: The Human Significance of the Skin (Perennial, 1986), 31–37.
2. Autier, P., et al., "Sunscreen Use, Wearing Clothes, and Number of Nevi in 6- to 7-Year-Old European Children," J. Nat. Cancer Inst. (1998) 90:1873–1880.
3. Peters, R. R., et al., "Supplemental Lighting Stimulates Growth and Lactation in Cattle," Science, Vol. 99 (February 24, 1978): 911–12.
4. Montagu, 82–84.
5. For a list of schools, see www.amtamassage.org/schools.html, or write Robert K. King, National Education Director, American Massage and Therapy Association, 820 Davis St., Evanston, IL 60201 (include a self-addressed stamped envelope).
6. Exercises for getting in touch with the skin, called "sensate focus," are recommended and explained in the S.A.R. [Sexual Attitudes Restructuring] Programs. For information, contact the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality, 1523 Franklin St., San Francisco, CA 94109, (415) 928-1133, www.iashs.edu.
7. These techniques include acupuncture, acupressure, do-in, shiatsu, and others. See Carter, M., Body Reflexology: Healing at Your Fingertips (Parker Publishing Co., 1983); Namikashi, T., The Complete Book of Shiatsu Therapy (Japan Publications, 1981); and Teeguarden, I. M., Acupressure Way of Health: Jin Shin Do (Japan Publications, 1978).
8. Childre, D., and H. Martin, The HeartMath Solution (HarperSanFrancisco, 1999).
9. Prescott, J. W., "Breastfeeding: Brain Nutrients in Brain Development for Human Love and Peace" (1997).
10. Prescott, J. W., The Origins of Love" (2004) pdf , 130kb, plus the opening 2-page centerfold art (pdf, 32k)
11. Prescott, J. W., "How Culture Shapes the Developing Brain and the Future of Humanity" (2002).